Last week, my little pup turned 3! I don't really know what to say, except the obvious- I love my Remy girl. This stubborn yet sweet little clown of ours has given us so much joy over the past few years. Our bat-eared girl is full of personality and energy, except when she is snoring. She completely embodies the "clown-like" characteristic of a French Bulldog. I never knew what that meant until I met her, but now nothing describes her spins, sprints, and attempts to humor us more. With all the love that she gives, there could not be a more deserving pup of these Pumpkin Banana Dog Cupcakes.
Okay, it might be a little obsessive to bake an entire batch of dog cupcakes just for a birthday. But, two things- 1) I forgot her birthday last year (and the year before that, too) and 2) they are pretty much low-sugar, gluten-free muffins. I'd be lying if I said I didn't eat a few myself for breakfast. Made with oat flour, pumpkin, and banana, these treats are perfect for your fur-babies and real babies alike! The "pupcakes" are even topped with peanut butter and cream cheese "frosting" and puffed rice cereal "sprinkles." If not for anything else, these birthday treats made for the cutest photo shoot.
Happy Birthday, Remy!
And guess what her dad gifted her for her birthday? Remy's very own Instagram! Love these pics? Be sure to follow her for more.
Remy's Favorite Things:
- Peanut Butter Kongs
- Chasing her cousin Dizzee
- Afternoon freak-out sessions
- Sharing the elevator with Rogue
- Road-trips to Cali
- Bean-bag pillows
- Being the boss
Pumpkin Banana Dog Cupcakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 bananas, mashed
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Place mini cupcake papers in a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- Using a small disher or cookie scoop, place batter in the muffin tin near the top of the papers (batter will not rise much).
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cupcake.
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat softened cream cheese on medium-high until fluffy.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
NOTE: Honey may not be safe for puppies. Be sure your dog's immune system is mature before giving them honey.